Ayahuasca Part 8

After getting myself as comfortable with my surroundings as I could, I began my long journey back to the main building. Along the path there were these tall, orange ant hills rising out of the ground. At least, I was pretty sure they were ant hills. I didn’t see any ants around and I prayed I never would.

I’m gonna be completely honest here and say that I have little recollection of most of the timeline of some of the events during these 12 days as most of it was spent laying in a hammock for hours, reading and trying to convince Martine to quit ear-fucking the girls so I’ll try and get to the juicy parts.

Anyway, I made it back to the main building and (if I remember correctly and I probably don’t) food was just about to be served. We sat down in the dining area and the staff served lunch. Now I had previously mentioned all the restrictions to an Ayahuasca diet that seemed like a nightmare to someone like me who simply couldn’t imagine life without coffee, salt, fatty foods and meth amphetamines.

Thankfully, the culinary artisans of the jungle had their 10,000 hours of practice with nothing but healthy ingredients and the menu was off the fucking chain. Mostly chicken and fish with rice or quinoa (straight up I have no love for quinoa. It doesn’t matter how its served. I don’t care if it’s a superfood. The texture is too weird and I just…no) salads and fruits I’ve never even heard of. It was possibly the best food I’ve ever eaten.

Or it could have just felt that way because on nights we had ceremonies our last meal was at like 2pm.

Either way, we ate and it was bomb.

We spent the rest of the evening hanging out and getting to know each other a little better. The sun set before we knew it and we all decided to retire. The trek back to my hut was terrifying but thankfully a good friend of mine had bought me a headlamp so I could at least see what was about to tear my throat out as it lunged at me from the darkness.

As usual, I made it out of another certain death sentence unscathed and returned to my house. I took a shower (probably. I took a lot of them cuz it was so dang humid) and hopped into bed and drifted off to sleep…

…or I would have if it wasn’t for the sounds everywhere. God damn the jungle never shuts the fuck up. It is open 24/7. Bugs and frogs and jungle cats and anacondas and the Iron Sheik and that alligator from Lake Placid and Starscream from Transformers (probably) all 20 feet from my head waiting to murder me in my sleep. Thankfully I had my thin meshing to protect me from at least the mosquitos (who, it turned out, were the only ones that actually ended up trying to cause me any harm.)

Eventually I got to sleep. Which was great, because tomorrow I would be doing Ayahuasca.

Part 9 Here:

Part 7 Here:


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s